When The N.Y. Times Theatre Critic Ben Brantley wants wisdom, he turns to MAE WEST.
• • Here's what Ben Brantley wrote: "But recently I have become increasingly and woefully aware of a number of plays that shouldn’t be on Broadway. By that, I don’t mean they’re not good enough. Goodness, as Mae West would say, has nothing to do with it. The issue at hand is size. The Broadway of the 21st century wants big: big stars, big sets, big musical numbers, all in the same show if possible. . ." . . . [In "Theater Talkback: Better Off Off Broadway?" on 28 October 2010; byline: Ben Brantley, N.Y. Times | ArtsBeat Blog]
• • Hey, Ben! Come up sometime and see Mae! There's a neat play you might like called "COURTING MAE WEST" based on true events during the Prohibition Era. Watch a scene on YouTube, Ben — — no waitin'!
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • from "Courting Mae West" ACT I, Scene 2 • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest