In her one woman show "Absolutely Anna" actress Anna Berger talks about working with MAE WEST, becoming her close friend, and then having a falling out (related to some business).
• • Anna Berger lived through the Depression, World War II, the McCarthy Era, and witnessed many events that made history. Her first important acting job was touring in “Diamond Lil” with Mae West, with whom she became bosom buddies. Throughout her life she worked with (and was close to) some of the luminaries of theater, film, and TV — — before and after they got their star on Hollywood Boulevard.
• • Anna was encouraged by her colleagues at The Actors’ Studio to collect and present her memories of the years when Broadway, Hollywood, and TV began their reign, which she shaped into a humorous one-woman monologue — — “Absolutely Anna” — — and performed at several venues.
• • On Thursday 14 August 2008, Anna Berger will give a single performance of her lively "behind the scenes with Mae West, etc." show at the Cabaret Royale in the Westin Aruba Resort.
• • Proceeds of this 8:00 PM event will benefit local Aruban Foundation Ateliers ’89, since she and her husband have been vacationing on this island for over two decades. Reserve for "Absolutely Anna" by contacting the concierge at the Westin Aruba Resort: 297-586-4466 ext 59.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • Anna • •