In the tradition of saving the best for last — — and savoring MAE WEST at last — — the third annual Old Pasadena Film Festival (OPFF) is about to wrap up another al fresco success this weekend with a double feature tomorrow starring, and scripted, by the curvy Brooklyn blonde.
• • In peaceful Pasadena, California, the OPFF makes it possible to enjoy Hollywood's classic motion pictures shown in unique outdoor settings during a summer series for cinema buffs. Old Pasadena Management Association sets up screens and offers free showings at 8:30 p.m., a different feature from Thursday through Saturday.
• • Usually, one movie only is screened. But on Friday night, 30 July 2010 there will be a Mae West double feature — — two 1933 comedies that also feature a young Cary Grant — — in the One Colorado Courtyard. Up first is “She Done Him Wrong,” on the American Film Institute’s prestigious list of the 100 greatest comedies of all time, followed by “I’m No Angel,” inspired by Mae's childhood visits to Coney Island to see Bostock's lions.
• • One Colorado Courtyard is at 41 Hugus Alley, Pasadena, Calif. Tel: 626-564-1066. Admission is free.
• • Tomorrow the MAE WEST BLOG will savor a revealing commemoration of the screen queen by another one of her long-time fans.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest