Heritage Auction Galleries, based in Dallas, has an original movie poster showing a close-up of MAE WEST — — which will be offered for sale on March 19 — 20, 2010 during their Signature® Movie Poster Auction. Top level collectors are already making inquiries.
• • Lot 85537 She Done Him Wrong (Paramount, 1933). One Sheet (27" X 41") Style A.
• • Heritage penned this paragraph: Although directed by the actor-turned-director Lowell Sherman, this bawdy pre-Code classic is all Mae West. Based on the play West wrote for herself, Diamond Lil, this is her first feature film and arguably her best. As the saloon singer Lady Lu, West's performances are mesmerizing to watch as she swings and sways (as only West can) to numbers such as: "Frankie and Johnny," and "I Like a Man Who Takes His Time." Dressed to kill in Edith Head costumes, Lu is unknowingly caught in a web of illegal doings at the saloon, and sets her sights on missionary Captain Cummings (Cary Grant) who is really an undercover agent. The film is full of wit and innuendo, and was nominated for the Best Picture Academy Award.
• • Heritage penned this description: This amazing stone litho one sheet has been professionally restored to address the very minor issues of slight crossfold separations, corner pinholes, a small tear in the top left corner, and two in the right side of the red field. There is some slight touch-up at a surface abrasion in the lower right white field. One of the most beautiful and colorful stone litho posters we have seen, this item will be one hotly contested prize for our bidders. Very Fine+ on Linen.
• • Heritage Auctions calls itself the world’s third largest auction house, with more than 500,000 registered online bidder members. Details: 800-872-6467.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest