In the name of Oscar, two jolly parties took place — — and MAE WEST graced each event with her celebrity and panache. The Olympic Peninsula in Washington is a superb place filled with good-hearted individuals. Two galas offered those on the North Olympic Peninsula a chance to don their finery, walk the red carpet, and watch the Academy Awards on Sunday night, 7 March 2010 while raising funds for worthy local causes.
• • It was the second annual "Hollywood Nights" salute taking place at Port Angeles, for which nearly 300 merry-makers bought a ticket, tripling the overall take from last year's festivities, said Olympic Medical Center Foundation Executive Director Bruce Skinner, whose institution benefited. Attendees were gaily garbed in gowns and formal attire or as Hollywood notables such as Mae West, Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz, and others.
• • And at the Oscars Red Carpet party held at the American Legion Hall in Port Townsend, Washington, Mae West was busy on the Reception Line greeting guests and (later on) posing with the golden statuette. The Port Townsend event raised a nice sum on behalf of the Port Townsend Film Festival, thanks to the generosity and goodwill of over 125 ticket-holders and movie buffs.
• • PHOTO: Mae West, aka Katherine Jensen, a most genial actress with the Key City Players, and Jeanette Force, executive director of the Port Townsend Film Festival, greet arriving guests at the Oscars Red Carpet party at the American Legion Hall in Port Townsend, Washington.
• • Photo by Steve Mullensky, courtesy of The Peninsula Daily News — — www.peninsuladailynews.com
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • aka Katherine Jensen • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest