A new musical features sexy, risque, steaming hot blues numbers made famous by MAE WEST and others.
• • On 19 October 2009 there will be a one-night-only performance that aims to raise funds for Cherry Lane Theatre's programs for playwriting.
• • Word comes that "Low Down Dirty Blues," penned by Randal Myler and Dan Wheetman, was built around songs — — rife with innuendo, if not blatantly sexual — — made famous or infamous by such inimitable entertainers as Mae West, Muddy Waters, Ma Rainey, Sophie Tucker, Howlin' Wolf, Pearl Bailey, and many others.
• • "St. Louis Blues," performed by Mae West in one of her Broadway shows, got the purity patrol running right over, so who knows what could happen on October 19th!
• • These antics will be fogging up the windows at The Cherry Lane Theatre — — 38 Commerce Street in Greenwich Village — — for this evening only.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest