This weekend, part of the fun at an Oregon fundraiser will be MAE WEST.
• • According to informed sources, the Greater Hermiston Chamber of Commerce is celebrating its 30th annual wine and cheese shindig with a "My Little Chickadee" sort of Wild West vibe this coming Saturday, 10 October 2009. Through those naughty saloon doors will swing Jackie Dunlap as Mae West along with sharp-shooter Annie Oakley, portrayed by Jordawn Wambeke, chairwoman of the event.
• • Creative costumes, vittles, and cowboy-themed gifts (like decorated boots) will color the atmosphere. A mechanical bull will get the adrenaline pumping as well as Wild Bill's debt-defying casino for all the card sharks and gamblin' men out there.
• • The event will benefit Hermiston Funfest, the Hermiston Distinguished Service Awards, and other good causes. Right now, the organizers are redecorating the inside of the conference center to resemble a lawless old Western town suitable for the likes of Flower Belle Lee, Cuthbert J. Twillie, and other unregenerate rascals.
• • WHERE: Chamber of Commerce [415 S Highway 395, Hermiston, OR 97838-2435] — — T. 541-567-6151
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest