MAE WEST, a lover of all things theatrical, enjoyed putting on the jewelry, boa, and 1890s gowns that transformed her into her favorite character: Diamond Lil.
• • Diamond Lil, her imitation of a proper hussy — — the finest woman to ever walk the streets — — fit her well, becoming an alter-ego she could slip on like a necklace from Tiffany's, and sashay into the spotlight of Gus Jordan's Bowery saloon like a giant governance.
• • Word comes from Costume World that their fifth location will open soon in Austin, Texas.
• • The Costume World Broadway Collection and Museum in Fort Lauderdale, Florida displays many historic pieces belonging to such luminaries as Mae West in "Diamond Lil," Warren Beatty in "Dick Tracy," Madonna as Eva Peron in "Evita," Kevin Costner in "Wyatt Earp," Sarah Jessica Parker in "Once Upon a Mattress," Nathan Lane in "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum," and costumes made especially for Judy Garland. The Broadway Collection is constantly rotating its exhibits through the Costume World stores, so you can always expect to find a treasure on display at the Burnet Road, Austin location, indicates CEO and Founder Marilynn Wick. "Austinites are sure to appreciate our incredible inventory and will fully comprehend the artistry involved in producing each piece." Good luck to the costume cherubs who carefully tend to these historic vintage creations.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest