When the "Nature of Diamonds" opens at the Field Museum, gem-mavens can enjoy seeing some of the sparklers owned by MAE WEST. Let's just say that admirers didn't call her "Diamond Lil" for nothing.
• • Also on view will be 800 or so glittering eyefuls — — for instance, the 128.54-carat gem donned by Audrey Hepburn in the movie "Breakfast at Tiffany's"; jewelry owned by Mae West, Catherine the Great of Russia, Joan Crawford, and Elton John; as well as a superb borrowed tiara worn by actress Selma Hayek for a red carpet affair.
• • An intriguing tourist spot in the Windy City, The Field Museum is an educational institution concerned with the diversity and relationships in nature and among cultures. This exhibit will enlighten visitors about the who, what, where, and WOW! of diamonds, that fascinating stone Marilyn Monroe saluted in the song "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend."
• • WHEN: 23 October 2009 through 28 March 2010.
• • WHERE: The Field Museum 1400 S. Lake Shore Dr., Chicago, IL, 60605; T. 312-922-9410.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest