Christina Aguilera’s remake of “A Guy What Takes His Time” is every bit as steamy as the original made popular by 1930s screen siren MAE WEST, according to Ty Walker, who reviewed the soundtrack for the Yamhill Valley News Register on 18 November 2010. The Yamhill Valley residents (out in Oregon's fertile wine region in the Pacific Northwest) also learned from Ty Walker that "Muted horn sections playing to the beat with a marching snare drumbeat give it an authentic sound." Muted percussion probably goes very well with Pinot Noir.
• • It was a busy time for the screen queen when "Go West Young Man" was released on 18 November 1936.
• • Actor James B. Carson [1884 — 1958] worked with Mae West in "Vera Violetta," which opened on 20 November 1911 at the Winter Garden Theatre. The Broadway veteran was cast as Professor Otto von Gruenberg. It was in the month of November — — on 18 November 1958 — — that Carson died in Los Angeles, California.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest