A Texas exhibition currently open to the public features MAE WEST.
• • Publicity materials announced that the title of this show "There is Never Only One Game in Town" is (supposedly) a Mae West quote and this statement is also on one of the drawings in the project starring the Brooklyn bombshell.
• • Artist Mary Beth Edelson is offering a look at work created from 1981 — 1997. Most of the 46 framed mixed-media wall pieces are being exhibited for the first time and feature collages inspired by feminine power. The artist's imagination was fed by Hollywood nostalgia, which can be seen in her renderings of marquee names such as Mae West, Judy Garland, Marlene Dietrich in a military uniform, Helen Reddy, and also TV's Wonder Woman Lynda Carter. There was rather too much self-important nose-blowing set adrift in the publicity materials and paraphrasing it here might actually turn off museum-goers, so just check out the artwork for yourself in The Lone Star State.
• • The exhibit will continue till 11 December 2010 at McKinney Avenue Contemporary, 3120 McKinney Avenue, Dallas, TX 75204; tel. 214.953.1212.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest