Come up and see MAE WEST in The Garden State, a perfect place to reacquaint yourself with Flower Belle Lee.
• • During the month of November, it will be free to enjoy four classic comedies from the 1940s — 1950s starting at 1 o'clock every Monday afternoon. Sidney Krueger, professor emeritus of Kean College, will introduce these motion pictures at The Library of The Chathams, 214 Main Street, Chatham, NJ 07928-2458. Info: call 973-635-0603.
• • On Monday, 29 November 2010, they will screen "My Little Chickadee" [1940, 83 mins.]. Singer Flower Belle Lee (Mae West) is run out of the Old West town of Little Bend because of her illicit relations with a masked bandit. On the train she meets con man Cuthbert J. Twillie (W. C. Fields) and pretends to marry him for respectability. In Greasewood City with his bride, Twillie is named sheriff by the town boss who has an ulterior motive.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest