Even MAE WEST's charm and charisma could not save "Myra Breckinridge" [released on 24 June 1970] — — but two numbers she performed onscreen were pressed on a promotional disk and the record has become quite a keepsake. It took the efforts of three adults worshipping at the grotto of improbable thoughts to come up with an astonishing sweetcake fat with brag like "You Gotta Taste All the Fruit," copyrighted in 1964 and only used in this particular motion picture. Maybe it became tainted fruit, especially for morose types who prefer songs about ummm . . . suffering heroically. Tsk! So many can't take a joke.
• • Born in Brooklyn, New York during the month of November — — on 10 November 1929 — — Marilyn Bergman is a composer, songwriter and author. She and her husband Alan Bergman, whom she married in 1958, were born in the same hospital and raised in the same Brooklyn neighborhood, but did not meet until each had relocated to Los Angeles. Together they have written the music and lyrics for numerous television shows, films, and stage musicals. And the couple teamed up with Sammy Fain to create "You Gotta Taste All the Fruit." Fain wrote the music and the Bergmans collaborated on the lyrics.
• • Marilyn Bergman was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1980, and in 1995 she was awarded an honorary doctorate by the Berklee College of Music. Join us in wishing this talented woman a very happy birthday.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest