This weekend Dr. Sketchy presented a new version of BECOMING MAE WEST — — starring Diamond Minx — — and advance tickets immediately sold out.
• • What a concept. Here is their event blurb, word for word: Vaudeville Performer, Playwright, Broadway Sensation, Movie Star, Sex Goddess... In this Dr Sketchy's we pay tribute to the woman who became an icon simply by being herself! Diamond Minx will be modeling for this classic burlesque themed drawing class.
• • Unfortunately, we just received word that this sold-out happening took place on 5 September 2010 [yesterday] on Main Street in Vancouver.
• • Molly Crabapple, a New York City based illustrator, is the founder of Dr. Sketchy's Anti Art School. She explains: Dr. Sketchy’s Anti Art School is what happens when a simple question is asked — — why can't figure drawing be sexy? Part art class, part cabaret, join us for 3 hours of drinking, drawing and decadence!
• • BECOMING MAE WEST was neither the first nor the last artistic adventure for Molly and her followers. Find them online to learn about future engagements.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • Becoming Mae West 2010 in Vancouver • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest