MAE WEST performed in Atlantic City a few times.
• • This weekend HBO viewers can visit New Jersey and enjoy "Atlantic City: The Original Sin City" — — a TV Special that will be broadcast on 19 September 2010.
• • During 1913 — 1915, when she was booked on the Keith Circuit, Mae honed her vaudeville skills by entertaining the crowds outdoors on the Steel Pier. One of several piers that jettisoned from the main drag, the Steel Pier first opened in 1898 and developed a reputation for offering top talent. Performers featured there included W.C. Fields, Charlie Chaplin, The Three Stooges, Benny Goodman, Bob Hope, Amos ‘n Andy, Frank Sinatra, etc.
• • And when she brought her play "The Constant Sinner" to Atlantic City in August 1931, the crowds lined up for tickets, noted The New York Times: "With two rows of standees and chairs in the aisles for extra celebrants, last Monday night saw Mae West run through her latest daisy chain, The Constant Sinner, at the Apollo Theatre in Atlantic City. . ." [NY Times 30 August 1931].
• • Starring in the role of Babe Gordon, Mae debuted the show on Broadway on September 14th of that year.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest