Come up and see MAE WEST tonight — — not far from The White House.
• • KatPa Productions presents a play about stage and screen icon Mae West returning from the dead to educate her impersonator. "Mae" is a play with music about what happens when the legendary Mae West comes back from the great beyond to tutor an unsuccessful Mae West impersonator and discuss her life’s triumphs and tragedies. KatPa Productions is calling their new show "a sinfully fun evening filled with memories, music, musclemen and much, much more!"
• • “Everything one loves about Mae West is in this play,” notes playwright Kathryn O’Sullivan. The play features numbers from Mae’s first performance as 'Baby May' to her vaudeville sister act to a screen performance with Cary Grant to her famous Vegas Musclemen act. “There’s even a little magic with a disappearing act, but you have to come to the show to find out who disappears,” teases O’Sullivan.
• • O’Sullivan’s husband, Paul Awad, is directing the show. “I have wanted to direct this play since I first read an early draft ten years ago,” says Awad. “Turns out I had to marry the playwright to do so.”
• • WHAT: Written by Kathryn O’Sullivan; Directed by Paul Awad; CAST includes Cate Brewer, Robert Bromley, Lacey Anne Garcia, Rachel Hardin, Phillip Hylton, David Kozisek, Matthew G. Myers, Shannon Perkins Jr., Zophia Pryzby, Charlie Retzlaff, Amy Thompson, and Johnno Wilson.
• • WHEN: 17 September 2010 — 2 October 2010, Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00 PM.
• • WHERE: Flashpoint, 916 G Street NW, Washington, DC; T. 202-315-1305 — —www.flashpointdc.org.
• • Tell them you heard about it on the MAE WEST BLOG.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • artwork by Rosemary Gallick • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest