Not many home-owners can say, “MAE WEST cavorted here.” And while no one knows how much time the hard-working entertainer devoted to "cavorting," if you were going to disport yourself, then you could do much worse during the 1930s than lounge around the gilded great-house and grounds of Adolph Zukor.
• • Rockland County columnist Kathy Kahn writes: When Rockland County’s famed Dellwood Country Club, the former “farm” retreat of Paramount Pictures’ founder Adolph Zukor, came on the market in 2008, it was an opportunity investor and attorney Jeff Mandelbaum and his family couldn’t pass by. ...
• • Kathy Kahn adds: Although the movie mogul’s former estate will undergo a remarkable indoor transformation, Mandelbaum is not forgetting Adolph Zukor. “There is a treasure trove of photos of Dellwood when it was in its heyday, when movie stars — — such as Mae West — — sunned themselves at the pool, lounged around the grill room or were out on the links. They are part of the club’s history and its charm and will be displayed throughout the clubhouse,” said Jeff Mandelbaum. ...
• • To learn more about Adolph Zukor's property and how to visit, see the reference below.
— — Excerpt: — —
• • Article: "Come out and see them sometime"
• • By: Kathy Kahn
• • Published in: Westfair Communications Inc.
• • Published on: 23 April 2010
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest