MAE WEST was very proud of her wildly popular motion picture "She Done Him Wrong" [filmed in 1932 and released in the USA on 9 February 1933].
• • Word comes that Canadian cinema historian Reg Hartt will be screening Mae West's first starring film "She Done Him Wrong" (based on her stage play "Diamond Lil" with its Bowery setting) until July 2nd. Reg Hartt will be introducing the film.
• • Born in New Brunswick, Canada on 12 June 1946, Reg Hartt is a film archivist and collector in Toronto, Canada, who is passionate about old, important movies. In an interview, he once told a reporter about a bus trip he took to Los Angeles in the early 1970s along with a strange fellow he met at the end of it, a Charles Manson type. The oddball slipped him a elephant tranquilizer and predicted that Reg would be dead by morning. Whereupon Reg meditated — — and decided to write a letter to Mae West to pass the time.
• • The Cineforum is the unique movie emporium that Mr. Hartt operates out of his Bathurst Street living room in Canada.
• • Though the Cineforum has existed for the past four decades, it was not until 1992 that it was moved to his parlor. British painter Peter Moore described the intimate, old-fashioned Cineforum as “the most perfect place in the world to watch a motion picture.”
• • WHERE: Cineforum — — 463 Bathurst Street, Toronto, Ontario.
• • WHEN: Since Saturday, 27 June 2009 and until Thursday, 2 July 2009 at 7 PM.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest