A dazzling necklace owned by MAE WEST is bewitching museum-goers who drool over cool jewels. If you're planning on visiting Minneapolis, spend a few air-conditioned hours at an eye-catching exhibition "Unspoken Messages: The Art of the Necklace" on view at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts [M.I.A., 2400 3rd Ave S., Minneapolis, MN 55404].
• • M.I.A. plans to celebrate Mae West's personal adornment in her classic motion picture "She Done Him Wrong" , which will be shown around the time of the screen queen's mid-August birthday.
• • Next month on the third Thursday, join the very nice folks at M.I.A. for an event called "Bejeweled" — — Thursday 20 August 2009 from 6:00PM — 9:00PM — — when a local jeweler will discuss her funky creations and Mae will be making a booty call deep in the heart of the Bowery, and advising a young Cary Grant that he "can be had."
• • Some adults are being invited for free. Details on all this can be had: toll free (888) MIA ARTS; in Minnesota, dial 612-870-3131.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest