An article in a British newspaper [published on 14 December 2009] described a charming lodge, whose famous guest list includes MAE WEST.
• • According to British reporter Chris Sullivan, The Olde Bell is the oldest inn in the country (built in 1163).
• • Situated about an hour away from London in the Berkshire hamlet of Hurley, The Olde Bell has attracted a cross-section of individuals for centuries. "It wowed the great and the good of America including Mae West, Clark Gable, Bob Hope, and Liz Taylor," notes Chris Sullivan. "Winston Churchill also stopped here during the war to make an urgent phone call from the now empty phone booth."
• • The Olde Bell is located on High Street, Hurley, Berkshire, SL6 5LX. The London Times posted lovely photos. To see where Mae slept, go to www.timesonline.co.uk.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest