Coy Watson was featured in "I'm No Angel" with MAE WEST, according to his daughter Pattie Watson Price.
• • Born in Edendale, California on 16 November 1912, James Caughey "Coy" Watson, Jr. was raised in the screen trade. Before his first birthday, Coy made his debut opposite Lon Chaney Sr. in “The Price of Silence” .
• • From the age of nine months until his 21st birthday, Coy Watson appeared in over 65 motion pictures. The handsome lad eventually became known as "The Keystone Kid." [His father, Coy Watson Sr., was an early motion picture pioneer. He worked as an assistant director and special effects man for many studios, and periodic member of the famous "Keystone Cops" of the Mack Sennett Studio.]
• • In addition to his participation in early silent pictures, Coy Watson, Jr. snagged roles in "talkies." He also kept busy playing featured roles and bit parts in screen gems cast with Hollywood's hottest names such as Mae West, Cary Grant, Lon Chaney, Mary Pickford, Joan Bennett, Fatty Arbuckle, Jackie Coogan, Buck Jones, and John Barrymore. Some of his directors included Mack Sennett, Marshal Neilan, King Vidor, George Marshall, Sam Wood, and George Hill.
• • His was a long and versatile career as a child star, an inventor, a news photographer, a TV trailblazer, an author, and a dedicated family man. After battling stomach cancer for a few years, 96-year-old James Caughey "Coy" Watson, Jr. passed away on Saturday, 14 March 2009 not far from his home in Alpine, California (a mountain community in San Diego County). Loving and lucid to the end, Coy Watson will be missed by many.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •