Sextette is a 1978 Crown International motion picture starring MAE WEST. The cast includes Timothy Dalton, Dom DeLuise, Tony Curtis, Ringo Starr, Keith Moon, George Hamilton, Alice Cooper, and Walter Pidgeon.
• • The role of Vance Norton fell to George Hamilton [born in Memphis on 12 August 1939] — — who was 39 years old at the time. Known chiefly for being well-tanned and as impeccably groomed as a circus poodle, the actor has turned his Hollywood compost heap into an autobiography he is hoping will prove to be a page turner.
• • "Don't Mind if I Do" is his 305-page memoir (published by Touchstone) that trades on tidbits from motion pictures he was cast in, the women he dated (including Elizabeth Taylor, in the mid-1980s) along with the other Hollywood legends he knew (such as Mae West, Cary Grant, and Judy Garland).
• • I take issue with that sneaky word KNEW. How well does an actor "know" Mae West because the man had one scene with her, eh?
• • But if you are broken up because Hugh Hefner is no longer "dating" Holly Madison, then you may wish to console yourself with a box of truffles and the sugar-coated flaky leavings from Hamilton's Hollywood exhaust valve.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •