Would you rather read about MAE WEST or Pamela Anderson?
• • An insipid article with an uninspired title — — "Reality Bites" — — chronicles an overexposed actress, who is attempting to revive her career with a lackluster and pointless reality show: "Girl on the Loose." Girl? Well, you can look it up in your Funk & Wagnalls but it does seem like the wrong noun to describe a woman born on 1 July 1967. The article (printed in a South African publication) mentions that the show is so boring, even Americans are not watching it.
• • Lesley Mofokeng takes a stab at the topic: Few women can say that their boobs have made their careers, and Pamela Anderson is one of them.
• • Here's the only line that elevated the article: Through the years sexpots such as Mae West, Marilyn Monroe, Josephine Baker, and Clara Bow have made everything risqué fashionable.
• • Lesley Mofokeng continues: Anderson is easily the most famous pin-up girl of recent times. And as the LA Times put it: “Long before Heidi Klum and Lauren Conrad, long before Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie, long before Anna Nicole Smith, heaven rest her soul, there was Pam, the blonde bombshell from Baywatch.”
• • Lesley Mofokeng reminds us: She is even in the Guinness Book of World Records as “the most downloaded”. . . .
• • Yawn! Yawn! Yawn!
— — Excerpt: — —
• • Article: "Reality Bites"
• • Byline: By Lesley Mofokeng
• • Published in: The Times [South Africa] — — www.thetimes.co.za
• • Published on: 5 October 2008
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •