Edith Head is one of several fashion costumers who whipped up wicked fashions for screen queen MAE WEST.
• • Soon to be opening in London's West End (and how appropriate) is the one-woman show "A Conversation With Edith Head" written by and starring Susan Claassen, who received her inspiration from a TV bio-pic about Edith Head.
• • The Oscar-winning designing woman Edith Head [28 October 1897 — 24 October 1981] once told an interviewer that "Mae West taught me everything I know about sex, clothes-wise." Claassen, as her alter-ego Head, will be dishing her Hollywood dirt at the West End’s Arts Theatre this month. Previews begin 29 July. The run is scheduled from 31 July to 30 August 2008.
• • Certainly Edith Head would have a lot to talk about since she spent six decades in Tinseltown. Over 40 years were at Paramount Pictures, where Edith Head dressed Mae West, Clara Bow, Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, Bette Davis, and others.
• • Arts Theatre: 6-7 Great Newport Street, West End, Greater London WC2H 7JB.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • Edith Head's design for Mae • •