Collectors Book Store in Hollywood was a place MAE WEST used to visit.
• • Mark Willoughby, 51, worked there with collectibles dealer Malcolm Willits for 30 years.
• • Willoughby recalled how stars such as Mae West would come in to inspect the still photos of her that were stored in Willits' steel file cabinets.
• • "Mae West was so nice. She would trade us better pictures of herself for the ones that she didn't like. Janet Leigh was another one who was always nice. She would come in and sign things for fans."
• • An enormous stash of motion picture memorabilia, gathered over the last 43 years by film fan and collectibles dealer Malcolm Willits, now 74 years old and retired — — including original scripts and studio contracts signed by Oscar-winning actresses and actors — — had been housed in a storefront on Hollywood Boulevard near the Pantages Theater.
• • Experts consider this collection to be second in size only to that of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Six months from now, the entire lot will be auctioned off. Come back and see us for an up-date on this auction.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •