MAE WEST enjoyed being around horses and became used to stables and carriages since her father was a bridle maker. When the audience meets Lady Lou in "She Done Him Wrong" , she is in a buggy being driven along the Bowery by her coachman Mike.
• • Born in Lancashire, England in September — — on 1 September 1873 — — Thomas Maguire emigrated and changed his name to Tom McGuire for the screen trade.
• • Tom McGuire initiated his silver screen debut during the silent era. He was already 46 years old when movie buffs saw him in his first featured role as a District Attorney in "The Woman Under Oath" . During his three decade tenure in the movie business, the bit parts player racked up 172 credits, often portraying a policeman, a person with authority, or a dress extra. His last role was as a party guest in "Goodbye, My Fancy" .
• • Tom McGuire died in Hollywood on 6 May 1954. He was 80.
• • In Her Own Words • •
• • Mae West wrote this: “It ain’t no sin if you crack a few laws now and then, just so long as you don’t break any.”
• • Mae West wrote this: "All discarded lovers should be given a second chance — — but with somebody else."
• • Quote, Unquote • •
• • It seems that a Mae West moment sashayed its way into a Vegas column.
• • The Las Vegas Blogger remembers this: Such romances aren't limited only to the heavyweight fighters. Two of the most notable boxer-celebrity unions in history involved middleweight champs: Marcel Cerdan with French singer as well as cultural icon Edith Piaf as well as Gorilla Jones with actress as well as sex symbol Mae West. ...
• • Source: Article: "Star Power" Brings Boxing and Showbiz Together" for the Las Vegas, NV Blog; posted on 31 August 2011
• • By the Numbers • •
• • The Mae West Blog was started seven years ago in July 2004. You are reading the 2040th blog post. Unlike many blogs, which draw upon reprinted content from a newspaper or a magazine and/ or summaries, links, or photos, the mainstay of this blog is its fresh material focused on the life and career of Mae West, herself an American original.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • "She Done Him Wrong," 1933 • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest