Mae-mavens will enjoy "An Evening with MAE WEST" tonight and tomorrow in Scotland. The one-woman show features Pene Herman-Smith as the sixty-something movie icon.
• • Pene Herman-Smith trained at Royal Scottish Academy of Music & Drama, attained a BA in Dramatic Studies, and has worked professionally throughout Scotland both as a freelance actress, and with her own theatre company: Home is Where the Art Is. Her one woman show on the life of Mae West will be performed in Glasgow this week. Since 1995, she has been involved in roleplay and forum theatre. Since 1998 Pene has supplied all the actors for Glasgow University Medical School, Department of General Practice.
• • WHAT: "An Evening with Mae West"
• • WHERE: Òran Mór — Top of Byres Road in Glasgow G12 8QX Scotland
• • WHEN: February 22nd and 23rd, 2011
• • Tell them you heard about it on the Mae West Blog.
• • "Come on Up" starring Mae West opens • •
• • On 22 February 1947 "Come On Up" starring Mae West opened in Los Angeles, California at the Biltmore Theatre.
• • Memories and Mae West • •
• • How delightful to know that Mae West popped up in a memory experiment. According to the veteran journalist Jill Porter: Scientists from Temple University and the University of Pennsylvania discovered that a low jolt of electrical current to the brain improved name recall in young adults by 11 per cent, according to a study published in Neuropsychologia. . . . Thirteen of the 15 participants showed increased naming performance. (Most of them particularly struggled with Tony Blair and old-time vamp Mae West.) . . . [Source: "A Genuine Jolt to the Memory" by Jill Porter on 20 February 2011, Miller-McCune.com]
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • Pene as Mae 2011 • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest