MAE WEST's portrait will be exhibited and offered for sale in the southwest this weekend — — along with eleven other notable faces, all with a Roaring Twenties vibe.
• • After a chance meeting between a tavern owner and a neighborhood portraitist, a local saloon in New Mexico got a Hollywood makeover. Tijeras native Michael Ostaski, whose airbrush art has been commissioned by several local businesses, decided to paint Prohibition Era-inspired murals inside Fat Sat's Bar and Grill in Belen. The colorful works drew so much media coverage and many compliments from tipplers that on 14 August 2010 he will unveil a dozen new canvases created to continue the theme.
• • New Mexico reporter Kristina Medley writes: "The 1920s will come back to life on Saturday, August 14, when a New Mexico native and internationally-known artist showcases some of his work at Fat Sat's Bar and Grill in Belen. ..."
• • Kristina Medley adds: "Michael Ostaski decided to model other pieces after the mural he did of [Robert] De Niro and has created 12 black and white airbrush paintings of famous people from the era — — including Mae West, W.C. Fields, Marlene Deitrich, Edward G. Robinson, and others. The pieces fit the theme of Fat Sat's perfectly and will be featured at the restaurant until they are sold, he said. ..."
• • Spectators can view Mae West's portrait along with the entire display this weekend at Fat Sat's: 51 I-25 Bypass in Belen; T. 505-864-7715.
• • Tell them you heard about it on the MAE WEST BLOG.
— — Excerpt: — —
• • Article: "Renowned artist paints mural for Belen business"
• • By: Kristina Medley
• • Published on: 11 August 2010
• • Published in: Valencia County News-Bulletin [Belen, NM]
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest