Imagine taking off from MAE WEST International.
• • "Why not Mae West or Marilyn Monroe or Margaret Thatcher airports? OK, that last one scares me already," jokes Canadian columnist Ian Haysom.
• • Writing for the Times Colonist [on 22 May 2010], Ian Haysom recalls some of the many men who have been honored: "And they have Ronald Reagan Airport, which still feels a little Hollywood. California has John Wayne Airport and Oklahoma has Will Rogers. Liverpool has John Lennon Airport (groovy, baby) and Paris has De Gaulle, which feels imperious and arrogant, shouting at everyone to behave and get a haircut. Not many women's names there, you may have noticed. ..."
• • What's your opinion? Would you like to fly into Mae?
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest