The Hollywood Entertainment Museum will shed bits and pieces of the Max Factor Collection at an upcoming online auction — — which presents collectors with an opportunity to acquire one more MAE WEST keepsake — — on 15 May 2010.
• • Intriguing collectibles from the Max Factor Collection (slated for the sale next week) include: autographed negatives and photographs from well known stars of Hollywood's Golden Age such as Mae West, Theda Bara, Joan Crawford, Bette Davis, Cary Grant, Corinne Griffith, and others; still production photos, set negatives and test photos, wig making schedules and more from such films as 1939 Gone with the Wind; the Kissing Machine, Head Measuring Device and a variety of Original Make-Up created by Max Factor dating as far back as 1917.
• • "The history of Max Factor and how he changed the faces of Hollywood forever will never be forgotten," stated Melissa Storment, VP of Super Auctions. "The online bidding has now begun and we will continue to post new items online daily up to the auction date."
• • Check out the space-agey iconic Beauty Calibrator, the only one known to be in existence.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest