Reverend Jen, who has a new book out, explained that MAE WEST has been one of her heroes and role models.
• • In order of priority, Reverend Jen named the people she admires and listed her major influences: Mae West, Alfred Jarry, Picasso, Keith Moon, Mel Brooks, Gandalf, Spongebob, the Fonz, Pippi Longstocking, Anais Nin, Wonder Woman, Coco Chanel, Cleopatra, and Brad Prowley — — the karaoke guy who busks in this neighborhood.
• • Since the 1990s, Reverend Jen has called the Lower East Side home. She resides south of Houston Street with her chihuahua, Reverend Jen Junior — — a dog-clothes model. Her newest release is Live Nude Elf: The Sexperiments of Reverend Jen [NY: Soft Skull, 2009]. Her publisher described this paperback as “a witty, irreverent, brave, and sometimes portrait of the Reverend Jen Miller, the Patron Saint of the Uncool, examining the challenges of devoting one's personal and professional life of art.”
• • A writer, painter, and performance artist, Jen attended NYC's School of Visual Arts in 1990 “and has since experienced no financial success whatsoever,” she's quick to say. Awwww!
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest