Born on May 2nd, Hedda Hopper asked Mae West how she came to know so much about men.
• • "Baby," Mae West replied, "I went to night school!"
• • A Pennsylvania native, Hedda Hopper [2 May 1885 — 1 February 1966] — — an actress and gossip columnist — — had a long-running feud with friend turned arch-rival Louella Parsons.
• • Hedda Hopper tried, with spiteful media coverage, to damage Mae's career. When she wanted to, however, she could be amusing. Here are a few famous quotes from Hedda Hopper.
• • I can wear a hat or take it off, but either way it's a conversation piece. — Hedda Hopper
• • At one time I thought he wanted to be an actor. He had certain qualifications, including no money and a total lack of responsibility. — Hedda Hopper
• • Two of the cruelest, most primitive punishments our town deals out to those who fall from favor are the empty mailbox and the silent telephone. — Hedda Hopper
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •