When MAE WEST lived on North Rossmore, her building was the pride of Hancock Park. Alas, things are no longer so sappy happy, we're told.
• • A dissatisfied dweller of the Ravenswood Apartments in Hollywood contacted the local authorities requesting some sort of investigative report on the poor maintenance of the building. Why doesn't the tenant just move? Good question. But maybe the resident is elderly — — or has a really sweet deal. Let's listen in to the moaning leaser.
• • "I suggest someone do a story on the Ravenswood Apts. on Rossmore," wrote the tenant. "Once the jewel of Hancock park owned by Mae West, now a crumbling tenement where the roof leaks into apartments during the rain, rain water also floods the basement, there are holes in the wall between apartments, the hot water frequently is shut off and the elevators is often broken amongst other problems. What's worse is the property is managed/owned by people who don't care nor want to spend money to maintain the building properly. A block away, the El Royale has successfully maintained and operated a similar LA landmark."
• • Adds the tenant: "I reported the leak in my ceiling on January 26th, it was not until March 6 that the walls were fixed. And only because the Housing Department planned an inspection of the premises on March 7th. This hole opens up each year during the rainy season. And each year, management insists the roof is fixed, and yet the rain leaks through in the exact same spot. In this instance, I lived exposed to the mold in the crawl space above my apartment for 6 weeks. I am still waiting for them to shampoo my carpet as promised and they are refusing to pay for the items which are ruined each year. . . ."
— — Source: — —
• • L.A. Curbed.com — — http://la.curbed.com/
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •