A local salute is in the works for "Fuzzy" Knight, who was featured in two MAE WEST motion pictures.
• • The Marion County Historical Society in Fairmont, West Virginia plans to pay tribute to their native son who once achieved national stardom yet is mostly forgotten today.
• • “Fuzzy” Knight, who usually portrayed a comic sidekick in dozens of motion pictures, was born John Forest Knight in 9 May 1901 in the Friendly City. He died on 23 February 1976.
• • On Saturday 19 April 2008, he will be honored with the first annual Fuzzy Knight Film Festival, sponsored by the Marion County Historical Society. On that date, six of his films will be screened at the Marion County Senior Center.
• • Though some sources cite Fuzzy Knight's first film appearance as “She Done Him Wrong”  with Mae West, the Internet Movie Data Base (IMDB) noted his first movie role was as an uncredited “party guest” in “Night Parade” . He went on to appear in “My Little Chickadee,” which starred Mae West and W.C. Fields.
• • Knight specialized in playing the comic sidekick in many B-Westerns alongside Tex Ritter and Johnny Mack Brown — — another character actor who was featured in a Mae West film. “He never became the actor who got the girl,” said George Ramsey. “But he was a strong, talented, and diverse supporting actor."
• • Admission is free and George Ramsey can give you more details: 363-0982.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •