Recently, NPR asked listeners to describe the voice of MAE WEST and other personalities.
• • One member of their audience likened the actress's voice to "overstuffed pillows covered in scratchy satin you can't wait to bury yourself in."
• • Another NPR fan characterizied the Brooklyn native's voice as sounding "like 6 gallons of boiled lavender water stirred with a feather."
• • Huh?
• • Well, in case you missed this segment on NPR, their site has archived all of these precious pearls of wisdom.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •