A MAE WEST fan, British socialite Violet Trefusis had extraordinary bad girl genes all her own.
• • Born in Great Britain during the month of June [6 June 1894], sweet Violet Keppel was the daughter of the courtesan Alice Keppel, a mistress of King Edward VII of England.
• • Alice Keppel — anxious to keep her daughter shielded from a scandalous affair with another woman, Vita Sackville-West — arranged a marriage for Violet with Denys Trefusis.
• • Living abroad in gay Paree, Violet Trefusis adopted Mae West's fashion flair of the 1890s after enjoying the American film "She Done Him Wrong."
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Illustration: • • Mae West's fan • • 1934 • •