As Qwest searches for a successor to their CEO, a wireless-industry veteran Dan Hesse [now the head of Embarq] has been reminding everyone how much he is like MAE WEST.
• • According to a recent article in the Denver Post, it seems that Dan Hesse is an executive focused on growth — which the Denver-based Qwest is eager to pursue, according to Board member Frank Popoff.
• • A November 2005 article in the Kansas City Star stated that Dan Hesse compared himself to one-time Hollywood star Mae West, who once said she liked only two kinds of men: domestic and foreign.
• • "I am very much like Mae West," Hesse said. "Two kinds of customers I like are our customers and their customers. We have to very aggressively go after their customers." . . . .
• • Qwesting, one, two, three — —
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •