MAE WEST hosted numerous seances first in New York and then in California. As our readers prepare for Hallowe'en, let us enjoy some rumblings reported by Ravenswood tenants about the unusual encounters with Mae, who was a believer in the spiritual world.
• • This is Part 1 of 3 parts.
• • "My Haunted Hollywood" by Brandi Neal • •
• • Brandi Neal wrote: "These real-life ghost stories to share on Halloween 2017 from Reddit are guaranteed to make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. "
• • Brandi Neal wrote: At the time I was living in an 1930s art deco apartment in Los Angeles, and while it didn't have the creepy history of the Hotel Cecil, which American Horror Story: Hotel was based on, actor Mae West lived there for 50 years, and she was known to conduct seances in the lobby, and in her apartment.
• • Brandi Neal wrote: Mae West has also been quoted as saying that she loved the Ravenswood so much that she would never leave as long as it stood.
• • Encounters with Mae West's ghost • • . . .
• • Source: "My Haunted Hollywood" written by Brandi Neal for Bustle; posted on Sunday, 1 October 2017.
• • On Friday, 23 October 1931 • •
• • It was on Friday, 23 October 1931 that the New York City tabloid Evening Graphic reported on the very strange fan letters Mae West was receiving.
• • Overheard in Hollywood • •
• • Mae West's legal woes inspired the stage play "Courting Mae West."
• • In Her Own Words • •
• • Mae West said: "I've got so many teen-age fans who send me letters sayin’ how mad they are that they couldn't see me in my latest picture."
• • Quote, Unquote • •
• • A NYC daily mentioned Mae West.
• • Canada Bars 573 Books; Stalin and Mae West Are Among the Group. ...
• • Source: headline in the N.Y. Times; published on Wednesday, 14 May 1952
• • The Mae West Blog celebrates its 13th anniversary • •
• • Thank
you for reading, sending questions, and posting comments during these
past thirteen years. Not long ago, we entertained 3,497 visitors. And we reached a
milestone recently when we completed 3,800 blog posts. Wow!
• • By the Numbers • •
• • The Mae West Blog was started thirteen years ago in July 2004. You are reading the 3815th blog post.
Unlike many blogs, which draw
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • in 1931 • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest
NYC Mae West