A gentleman's leisure group in Pittsburgh, PA has invited MAE WEST to come up and see them this month.
• • As a welcome diversion, the Retired Men's Luncheon Group of Pleasant Hills will present "The Life and Times of Mae West" by actress and singer Karen Durham, who will offer a tasty program of humor and music.
• • WHEN: Thursday, 16 June 2011 at 12 noon.
• • WHERE: Fellowship Hall of Pleasant Hills Community Presbyterian Church, Old Clairton Road and Audrey Drive, Pittsburgh; Tel. 412-655-2000.
• • In Her Own Words • •
• • Marlo Manners said: But I forgave him everything. He was such a wonderful director. Very much like Lubitsch. In fact they called him son of Lubitsch. At least that's what it sounded like.
• • Marlo Manners said: A real farmer. He spent his childhood in the wheat, and his marriage in the hay. [Source: "Sextette" movie dialogue by Mae West.]
• • Quote, Unquote • •
• • Santa Monica columnist Jack Neworth writes: In Ric Drasin's life, he befriended Joe Gold (founder Gold's Gym), actress Mae West (appeared in "Sextette" her last movie in 1978), and our former Governor (and current pariah) Arnold Schwarzenegger, with whom Ric worked out daily from 1970 through 1974. ...
• • Source: Article: "He knew Arnold when" written by Jack Neworth, Santa Monica Daily Press; posted on 3 June 2011
• • By the Numbers • •
• • The Mae West Blog was started seven years ago in July 2004. You are reading the 1951st blog post. Unlike many blogs, which draw upon reprinted content from a newspaper or a magazine and/ or summaries, links, or photos, the mainstay of this blog is its fresh material focused on the life and career of Mae West, herself an American original.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • 1937 • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest