MAE WEST wrote a wonderful role for herself when she created her character Tira, a novice lion-tamer who uses her whip as a career move.
• • Enjoy "I’m No Angel" on Wednesday 27 April 2011 in the Show-Me State. Ragtag Cinema's program director noted: Flush with the success of "She Done Him Wrong," Mae West was allowed full control of "I'm No Angel," and she obliged by producing perhaps her best film, a non-stop parade of brilliant one-liners and racy repartee. Director: Wesley Ruggles. Length: 87 minutes.
• • The series “Forbidden Hollywood 2” will screen a different Pre-Code motion picture on Wednesday evenings through 11 May 2011.
• • WHERE: Ragtag Cinema is located at 10 Hitt Street [half a block south of Broadway between Tenth and Short Streets], Columbia, Missouri 65201; T. 573-443-4359.
• • Quote, Unquote • •
• • Anyone remember the Mae West Fest in Seattle, Wash.?
• • Ivana Cheong writes: Stone Soup is picking up where the Mae West Fest — — an annual Seattle event that highlighted original work of female writers, producers, directors, and actors — — left off when it ended in 2007 after 10 years. One of the highlights of this event is the theatre’s first ever 24-hour, all-female playfest. ...
• • Source: Article: "The Double (XX) Fest Puts Focus On Women" written by Ivana Cheong, Fremont Universe; posted on 24 March 2011
• • By the Numbers • •
• • The Mae West Blog was started seven years ago in July 2004. You are reading the 1899th blog post. Unlike many blogs, which draw upon reprinted content from a newspaper or a magazine and/ or summaries, links, or photos, the mainstay of this blog is its fresh material focused on the life and career of Mae West, herself an American original.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • costumed as Tira in 1933 • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest