A clever library promotion deserves a mention — — especially when it has a vivid 1920s theme and features MAE WEST.
• • Aiming to raise funds for the Waupaca Area Public Library’s 2010 Book Festival in the autumn, organizers have planned for a mystery dinner that will be held at the Best Western Grand Seasons Hotel [110 Grand Seasons Drive, Waupaca, WI] on 5 March 2010.
• • The intriguing story line is this: “A group of cultured people from the 1920s have materialized in a modern apartment in London. H. G. Wells had been testing his novel’s time machine at a soiree. Now he is discovered dead in the bathroom. Who killed him? Was it Mae West, James Joyce, Isadora Duncan, T.S. Eliot, or another of the visitors? Agatha Christie herself is present to help solve this crime. The key to this puzzle may appear in a line of verse or it may not. But in any case, we must achieve justice — — poetic or not.”
• • Participants will receive a description of their chosen character and a set of clues when they buy their ticket. Spectators can attend, too, as well as those who want to be Mae West for the night or another active participant. [All spectators will still receive their own clue to the mystery with the purchase of a ticket.] All attendees will mingle and exchange information during the course of the evening.
• • Tickets, which include dinner and entertainment, are available at the Waupaca Area Public Library. While there may be tickets available for walk-ins, it’s best to purchase in advance to guarantee a spot at the event. Proceeds will help fund the Waupaca Area Public Library’s 2010 Book Festival in the fall.
• • Where to get tickets: Waupaca Area Public Library, 107 South Main Street, Waupaca, WI 54981. Info: 715-258-4414. Tell them the MAE WEST BLOG gave you a clue and a shove.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest