Henri Sabin did an outstanding likeness of MAE WEST in 1936, perhaps as a work commissioned by Paramount Pictures.
• • The Frenchman seems to have relocated to Hollywood during the 1930s, where he found work sketching for motion picture industry books. Using pastels, Sabin created softly glamorous and luminous portraits of the screen royalty of the era. In addition to the Empress of Sex, Sabin did a colorful bust of Joan Crawford, Merle Oberon, and the Mexican lovely Delores Del Rio.
• • In 1965, Sabin turned out a lush oil painting of Parisienne sex kitten Brigitte Bardot [born 1934]. Continuing his specialty of celebrity portraiture, Sabin also did a sizable oil of boxer Mohammed Ali.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • 1936 • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest