Edward Steichen's gelatin silver print of MAE WEST, taken in 1933, will be on display in an upcoming museum exhibition.
• • “Unspoken Messages: The Art of the Necklace” is on view at the MIA from June 6 through September 13, 2009. Admission will be free.
• • Mae's portrait will be in good company. The prints featured in this show will also include a sixteenth-century engraving from the Netherlands of Elizabeth, Queen of England by Crispin de Passe the Elder; an oil from 15th-century Italy by Benedetto Ghirlandaio Portrait of a Lady; and many others.
• • Born in Luxembourg, Edward Steichen [27 March 1879 — 25 March 1973] was a photographer, painter, and art gallery and museum curator. In 1881, his family moved to the United States and he became a naturalized citizen in 1900.
• • The Minneapolis Institute of Arts (MIA), home to one of the finest encyclopedic art collections in the country, houses more than 80,000 works of art representing 5,000 years of world history. MIA is located here: 2400 Third Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55404.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • 1933 • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest