In 1982, she portrayed MAE WEST as a bouncy child.
• • Born in California on 11 July 1975, Bridgette Andersen embarked upon an acting career in her youth — — not unlike Mae.
• • By her 7th birthday, Bridgette was buzzing and busy. First she was cast in the TV movie "Washington Mistress" . Later that year, Bridgette Andersen appeared in her most memorable role as the title character in "Savannah Smiles," followed by roles in "Family Ties," "Remington Steele," and as a young Mae West in the TV bio-pic of the actress' life.
• • In 1983, she appeared in a horror flick and a few short-lived sit-coms and was nominated twice for a Young Artist Award.
• • Though she worked steadily throughout the mid-1980s in feature films and on the small screen, by 1987 the 12-year-old was much less in demand.
• • Unlike Mae West, Miss Andersen was not close to her family. As a teen, she became addicted to heroin and that put more distance between her career aspirations and contact with loved ones. Reportedly, she was trying to clean up and get back on track by 1997 when she was employed by Erewhon Health Food Store in Los Angeles, California.
• • In the month of May — — on 18 May 1997 — — her stardusted dreams ended with a fatal overdose of alcohol and drugs. Bridgette Andersen was 21 years old.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • Bridgette Andersen played young Mae • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest