How many individuals will go again as MAE WEST to downtown Sheboygan on the last Saturday of this month?
• • This year the Benefit for the John Michael Kohler Arts Center has an interesting theme — — "Improbable Paramours: The Oddest Couples of All."
• • Guests are invited to concoct their own inconceivable combinations, for instance, the Dalai Lama and Mae West, Sonny and Cher, Mary Poppins and King Kong, Britney Spears and Einstein.
• • The fundraiser will be held on Saturday, 31 January 2009, at the Arts Center. Black tie is optional (but do try to be more original, eh?).
• • For the past two decades, the Arts Center has hosted one of the most deluxe and delightful fundraising costume galas in the Midwest, and its auction is quite funky. Last year, nearly 300 guests attended. These events have raised great sums that are meant to benefit Arts Center programming.
• • The John Michael Kohler Arts Center, a 40-year-old, nationally acclaimed visual and performing arts complex, is located in downtown Sheboygan [— — at 608 New York Avenue, Sheboygan, WI 53081].
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •