MAE WEST was not known to gamble but Penn National is betting that opening a new casino with a Mae might-be is lucky.
• • Feather-festooned showgirls and several Hollywood look-alikes greeted the first visitors as Penn National Gaming Inc.'s $132 million Hollywood Slots opened its doors to the public in Bangor, Maine this week.
• • A Mae West impersonator was on hand along with a Charlie Chaplin, Lucille Ball, and Jack Nicholson impressionist.
• • This Tinseltown look-alike line-up was initiated five years ago when Penn National first acquired the Hollywood Casino Corporation in 2003. Well, let luck be a lady in Maine.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •