Ohio native Tara Leigh Patrick [born 20 April 1972] — — professionally known as Carmen Electra — — has defended her decision to totter around in barely-there wearables, saying she just wants to follow in the footsteps of the likes of MAE WEST and Marilyn Monroe [1926 — 1962].
• • Not bright enough to realize that "Electra" is a tragic name, the former Playboy pin-up and Baywatch eyeful also is not aware of the fact that Mae West does not strip in films. The 36-year-old Carmen Electra gaily sheds her clothing in her latest screen disaster "Meet The Spartans," designed to be a spoof of the hit movie 300. Her silicone enhanced curves are meant to be one of the highlights of her so-lame-it's-a-shame vehicle.
• • Film reviewer Dave White weighed in on the merits of this turkey: "It's 300. But like if 300 were already dumber than it is. And it's got Carmen Electra and Kevin Sorbo. Because they'll do anything for money. Apparently, so will I because it's my job to watch it."
• • According to Dave White, here is "The Other Most Annoying Thing" which cannot be redeemed even by Carmen Electra's pumped up amplitude: "Not the constant gay jokes nor the constant shower of feces and puke, but the fact that the movie steals gags from other sources. A bit from Dave Chapelle here, a bit from Mel Brooks there. It's reprehensible of course, but then again its target audience is the niche market of the world's stupidest 10-year-olds. ..."
• • If Carmen Electra really wishes to follow in the footsteps of Marilyn Monroe, she ought to keep in mind that the late screen goddess departed at age 36. Time's up!
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •