Once upon a time, if you wanted to make money with MAE WEST, you'd have to convince the actress to write you a check. No longer.
• • Word comes from the website U2-France [www.u2france.com] that collectors are still bullish on old-fashioned autographs. Reporter Conal Gregory gave his opinion about Mae West's autographs and other Hollywoodites: "From pop stars and politicians to space walkers and sportsmen, there is an enormous and growing demand for autographs which can be greatly enhanced by the occasion or material on which the signature is made."
• • According to Conal Gregory's research among the autograph hounds of Western Euope, "The golden age of Hollywood has a distinct following. A magazine photograph of Katharine Hepburn with her autograph in black felt pen ink is offered at £975 [at Fraser's in London] whilst a 1970 dating by MAE WEST across a photograph costs £425. Some folding and crease lines as well as faint ink smudging on the latter have reduced the price. ..."
• • If you have a passion to collect Mae — — and the means — — contact Fraser’s or other traders.
• • Source: U2-France
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •