Subscribers to a local New York City newspaper, The Canarsie Courier, have long enjoyed Brooklyn historian John Denton's columns — especially the one that focused on MAE WEST.
• • John Denton described that memorable day in 1911 when a young Mae West and dancer Frank Wallace were booked in Canarsie to entertain at the Husman Music Hall, just outside the gates of Golden City Park.
• • The New Yok Times recently celebrated the Canarsie columnist because the long gone amusement center known as Golden City Park was built 100 years ago in 1907.
• • If you have a vintage photo of the old Husman Music Hall [in Canarsie], please get in touch!
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • none • •