• • Actress Andrea Hutchman plays the Canadian sexpot with no time for the Mounties.
• • Can Margy LaMont ever settle down with just one man, even if he’s a good match?
• • “Sex,” the play Mae self-produced on Broadway ninety-two years ago, is under the direction of Sirena Irwin and produced for Buzzworks by Jocelyn O'Keefe and Kevin Comartin.
• • Where: Hudson Theatre Main Stage, 6539 Santa Monica Blvd., Hollywood, CA 90038. You will have a chance to see it until Sunday, 17 June 2018.
• • Tell them you heard about it on The Mae West Blog.
• • Tomorrow we’ll post reviews of “Sex” by Los Angeles drama critics.
• • On Saturday, 5 June 2010 in N.Z. • •
• • Mae West is still on the music charts. Mae's rendition of "Mister Deep Blue Sea" charted on Saturday, 5 June 2010 on New Zealand's Jazz Music Chart at position 104.
• • Overheard in Hollywood • •
• • Wayne Koestenbaum's "Pierrot Lunaire" assumes that the New York School that it constantly refers to is the center of everyone's world: a world in which Susan Sontag and Virginia Woolf interact with Mae West, Patty Duke and Diana Vreeland.
• • In Her Own Words • •
• • Mae West said: "I only carry my purse money. Not that I am unable to look after my own money, or would spend it recklessly, but it's just bad business to carry a lot of money around Hollywood."
• • Quote, Unquote • •
• • The Press Democrat mentioned Mae West.
• • “A look back at Jayne Mansfield's weekend in Santa Rosa” • •
• • “Jayne Mansfield, 27 years old, postured in the hot sun for cameramen and climbed in and out of an airplane and a sports car and smiled and smiled,” said the article, which highlighted the diamonds Mansfield was wearing — a glittering, 13-carat stone on a light silver chain around her neck; a 10-carat diamond ring; diamond earrings; and other diamonds nestled in a bracelet of gold charms.
• • Clark Mason wrote: In all, she had 30 carats with her, she told reporters, including her husband’s diamond cuff links. She insisted the gems were real, and she didn’t require a bodyguard.
• • “Mickey’s the only bodyguard I need,” she cooed, referring to her muscle-bound husband, who had once been a part of the bevy of hunks who accompanied Mae West. . . .
• • Source: Article on Jayne Mansfield written by Clark Mason for The Press Democrat; published on Friday, 18 May 2018
• • The evolution of 2 Mae West plays that keep her memory alive • •
• • A discussion with Mae West playwright LindaAnn LoSchiavo — —
• • http://lideamagazine.com/renaissance-woman-new-york-city-interview-lindaann-loschiavo/
• • The Mae West Blog celebrates its 13th anniversary • •
• • Thank you for reading, sending questions, and posting comments during these past thirteen years. Not long ago, we entertained 3,497 visitors. And we reached a milestone recently when we completed 3,900 blog posts. Wow!• • By the Numbers • •
• • The Mae West Blog was started thirteen years ago in July 2004. You are reading the 3974th blog post. Unlike many blogs, which draw upon reprinted content from a newspaper or a magazine and/ or summaries, links, or photos, the mainstay of this blog is its fresh material focused on the life and career of Mae West, herself an American original.
• • Come up and see Mae every day online: http://MaeWest.blogspot.com/
• • Photo: • • Mae West • • arrested in 1927 • •
• • Feed — — http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MaeWest
NYC Mae West